Summer is a time for relaxation and a good book. We hope that you will enjoy our summer reading suggestions. While enjoying their summer, we recommend that students leave enough time to complete the suggested reading.
Students are asked to do the following:
- Elementary (K through 5) students choose eight books to read, while middle grade students choose five books to read from the suggested reading list.
- You may choose books from the suggested list of the grade you will be entering or higher.
- Keep a log of the books that you read over the summer. See second page reading package for the log. The log is required from all students.
- After reading, write a summary of each book that you read. Each summary should be no more than one page. The written summary reports are only required from rising 2nd graders and up.
- Turn the book log and summaries in to your language arts teacher on the first day of school.
There is no penalty for not completing the summer reading list. However, those that complete this summer reading assignment will receive one dress down day and an invitation to a celebration (dates to be determined).
Students who choose to read 10 books and write 10 summary reports will be given two extra dress down days.
For additional reading suggestions please see here: 101 Books Recommended for College Board
Any questions about the summer reading, please contact Mrs. Campbell at email@example.com.