NJHS is collecting letters from FSAPS students and parents to donate to The BertShow’s “The Big Thank You 2014”.
There will be collection boxes in the front office and Mrs. Flowers’ classroom. Directions for the format of the letters are below.
If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Flowers email@example.com.
The following comes from The Bert Show Website:
Every single serviceman and woman deployed outside the United States deserves to receive a letter of gratitude on Thanksgiving Day. We want to give our troops a “Big Thank You” with a little taste of home this Thanksgiving.”
Over the past several years, The Bert Show community helped to express a BIG THANK YOU with over a million hand written letters of thanks to every serviceman and woman deployed outside the United States. This year our goal is the same, but we can only do this with your help. Let’s pull together to make this project a success.
Each letter should be heartfelt, handwritten, original, and free of any political statements. The purpose of the letter is to express thanks to the military personnel currently deployed outside the United States. We reserve the right to eliminate those messages that are political in nature and do not reflect a positive message in the spirit of Thanksgiving.
· All letters must be on 8.5” x 11” paper or smaller.
· Do not use glue, tape, staples, cardboard, glitter or otherwise attach anything to the paper.
· NO construction paper.
· Decorate using crayons, markers, pens or pencils.
· Use both sides if you like, but use one page per letter only.
· Do not send greeting cards or photographs.
· Feel free to include your mailing and email address.
· Individual letters should not be sealed in envelopes.
· Do not send anything except letters.
(We cannot accept donations of any kind, and they should not be included or attached to letters.)